The trip tally is very positive overall:
- a good work/play balance
- catch-up with a multitude of friends, one new baby and two babies-to-be
- my friend Polola's baby shower
- one Argentine dinner (best steak in years!)
- great weather in London
- a fun time in Paris despite shitty weather
- a little bit of shopping in Covent Garden and the Marais (really little because of changing sizes and fear that new clothes would go to waste)
- a visit to the Musee d'Orsay and a healthy dose of van Goghs and Degas and Gauguins and Renoirs
- only 2 lbs of damage (which have disappeared since I got back to starvation mode)
- 11 days out of Japan
Photos of Paris, London and Polola's baby shower in my Mac Gallery.

Now back to the good old routine - diet included. Kumar is done with starvation, having reached a BMI = 22.5 and being quite satisfied with his new look. He lost 15 lbs overall!! So now it's only one of us counting calories and weighing every leaf of lettuce before consuming it.
I'm back to the pre-trip weight, but that seems to be a barrier my body just refuses to cross. Hopefully I'll lose the remaining 15 lbs before I get on a plane bound for Buenos Aires on December 13...
I'm counting days to vacation, loved ones and shopping. Not too sure about my parents' new place in a new neighborhood - to which they'll have moved by the time we get there. But as a global gypsy myself, I guess I have no right to complain about them downsizing 10 years after I moved out...
No comments:
Post a Comment