Sunday, April 15, 2007

Further proof...

... that I'm turning Nihonjin:

1) I watched "Lost in Translation" today, and it looked just normal (Jules and Elmar, who watched it with me, agreed)

2) A few days ago Anderson Cooper was making fun of two recruiting ads for the Japanese army and navy (one of which showed coreographed dancing on an airplane carrier) and I didn't find them funny (neither did Kumar).

I'm really starting to wonder whether this is good (meaning that we are broadening our understanding), or whether we are just losing our bearings. It's hard to see the forest when you're IN the forest. So I'm asking for help. Please leave your comment and cast your vote:

A) There's nothing wrong with coreographed-dancing sailors. Your mental health is sound.
B) Maybe you didn't realize it's a REAL recruiting ad with coreographed-dancing sailors. You're probably OK.
C) Watch that ad again. If you change your mind there's hope.
D) I sense some confusion, you could use a vacation away from Japan.
E) Please don't come back. Just file for Japanese citizenship.

1 comment:

Marina Stark said...

My vote is A)

There's nothing wrong with coreographed-dancing sailors, in fact most of us still dance Village People's music and also in a pseudo coreographic way.

What would be of Argentinian weddings without coreographies and a bunch of normally and intelligent people dancing as if life would depend on being the worst dancer ???

Kisses, M