Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bangkok etc.

Last week was hectic. Got back from Hokkaido on Saturday, repacked my suitcase on Sunday, greeted Kumar (who was back from US) Sunday night, kissed him goodbye Monday morning and left for Bangkok. About 60 degrees' difference in 48 hours!

The Bangkok trip was great - short but full of events. First of all, I got to catch up with Fin and Vanessa... What a treat! Aside from Ford/Mazda gossip and chitchat about photography, travels, literature, common friends and kids, we shared a great dinner at this restaurant that Kumar and I had been to last summer and absolutely loved.

My work meetings went really well, which always helps. I managed to get some shopping done in between meetings (I ran into a local-designer sale at Paragon, the chic mall in Bangkok, and loaded up on trendy clothing). And last but not least, we ate loads of heavenly Thai food and I didn't gain any weight!

A red-eye flight back to Hiroshima put me out of commission for the entire day on Thursday when I got home, and Friday (which felt like Monday getting back to work) ended on a high note: the first copies of the second issue of my magazine arrived, and they look GREAT!!

On Friday we caught up with Fernando & Betty, friends from Argentina who were in town. We wondered at the fact that 10 years ago none of us would have dreamed of ever being in Hiroshima... let alone sharing a dinner together!

Today we went to a party to celebrate Australia's Day, and I'm downloading a bunch of fun images into the computer while I type. Some snaps and photo links on the right will appear eventually. But for the time being, I'm off to bed. A presto!

No comments: