Tuesday, February 27, 2007

From gossip with Rose to Kangaroo steak

The last couple of weeks were insanely busy but "good" busy - especially people-wise.

Highlights:

1) Luke, Erin and Andrea brought news from Canada and Germany, tried some local specialties (which some liked better than others) and left great work and fun memories behind. Here's a picture of them and Lichang at our favorite yakitori place:


2) Our friend Rose had been in Tokyo on business and decided to extend the trip by a couple of days to visit us. It was just so great to have her in town... Sheer fun and dishy gossip from Motown and beyond. We had planned to go to Miyajima, but a lazy morning got in the way and we ended up in Peace Park and the museum instead. Here's Rose ever glamorous in downtown Hiroshima:


3) While Rose was still in town, I flew out to Melbourne (Australia) and Auckland (New Zealand). Aside from productive meetings, I hooked up with friends, met the famous Dickie (Kumar's best friend from childhood) and his girlfriend Elizabeth, tried kangaroo meat and spent my 35th birthday on a plane flying back to Japan. Here's a few pictures of the trip (and more on the link to the right).

After-dinner drinks & conversation at Malkit's and Indy's place


Dickie and Indy posing for a picture


The kangaroo steak I ate (all the guilt vanished with the first bite)


Michael and Emilia took me to "Ezard" for dinner (the Australian restaurant of the year... yummy!)


Dining in Auckland's waterfront with the Mazda New Zealand team, Kate and Kei.


A sheep ride


Celebrating my b-day a couple hours in advance with Kate and Kei



This week I am off to Geneva, back on Saturday. That's all for now...

1 comment:

BilBob said...

The winter just broke and the sun was finally out for the day. Temps are kind enough to melt the grey snow. We had a quiet evening with Christy flying out of the house to go clubbing. Put on some Van Morrison and took a tour around the world with your wonderful pics. I even stole some.

You’ll find them at some northern Michigan art fair no doubt. I’ll be rich and famous. Keep up the good work. May even sign a few copies and send them back to you for your wall. Limited edition of course.

Thanks for the Escape from the blood-letting. All is settled now perhaps.

First 5K race of the year tomorrow – I’ll be the one with the exploding calves…

Cheers.